Notifications are alerting you when another member has taken some kind of action towards you on the site. Some examples of notifications include:
- Comments on your post
- Likes your post
- Likes your review
- Gives you a hug
- Mentions you
- Answers your question
- Marks your question as useful
When you sign in, in the top right corner of your screen you will be alerted to how many new notifications you have since your last login. Selecting this navigation button will give you a quick view of your notifications. Selecting 'view all notifications' from the bottom of the list takes you to all your notifications.
If you do not have any new notifications, you can visit your notifications by selecting the menu icon in the upper right (next to your profile photo) and going to Notifications.
Your notifications will be listed chronologically, with the most recent being on top.
- Any unread notifications will be in grey. Selecting the notification will take you to that activity.
- Hovering over the link for 'others' will show you all the users who have interacted with that activity.
- Selecting a username will take you to their profile.
- Selecting view all will take you to a list of everyone who has contributed to that activity.
If you would like to go to a member's profile who most recently commented or liked your content, select their photo to the left of the notification.
Selecting the notification from the notifications page or from 'view post' within one of your notification emails will bring you directly to the post. It will be highlighted in orange. You can select 'view previous comments' to expand the list to view all of the comments.
To change what emails you may receive from these notifications, you can visit your email settings and make your desired changes.